-Our company provides basic camping equipment (two-person tents, mattresses, dining room, kitchen, and bathroom tent, kitchen utensils, first aid kit, communication and safety equipment). For this reason, we suggest you bring a sleeping bag, appropriate mountain clothing, and articles for your personal use. If you are uncertain as to what mountain equipment you should bring, we will gladly provide you with a list.
- It is imperative we are truthfully informed in regards to your health so that we can advise you in choosing a program. Should it be necessary, we will cheerfully recommend an alternate itinerary.
- Individuals who suffer from cardiac conditions and high blood pressure, should consult their physician before traveling to high Andean areas, since elevation ranges from 2,500 to 5,000 m. (8,000 to 16,000 ft.) in trekking itineraries. In climbing itineraries, it can reach up to 6,768 m. (21,658 ft.) in the case of Huascaran, the highest peak in Peru. It is also important we are aware of travelers who have undergone surgery or suffer from allergies or asthma. It is recommended travelers get typhoid, hepatitis A, gamma globulin, yellow fever, polio and tetanus immunizations at least a month before departure. They must appear on your International Certificate of Vaccination. We advise tourists to bring a small first aid kit.
-If you have particular dietary needs, please let us know in advance so we can try to offer appropriate meals during your mountain itinerary. (Unfortunately, it is not always possible to satisfy all requests.)
-Our company is aware that there are certain age restrictions in some of our itineraries. For this reason, if you are considering bringing your child along, it would be advisable you discuss it with us first. On the other hand, if you are a senior citizen, we would be interested in your previous experience in long treks and/or mountains.
- It is advisable you purchase medical and accident insurance prior to your trip. If a group member becomes ill or suffers an accident, we will provide you with appropriate medical assistance by qualified personnel. If an accident occurs, or should an evacuation become necessary, we will organize the rescue operation. In both cases, the client or his insurance provider, will become responsible for the expenses. We suggest all agencies verify whether their clients are insured or not, and what kind of insurance they have. Trip cancellation insurance is also advisable to avoid losing trip payments made. Finally, luggage insurance is recommended as well, since MOUNTCLIMB TRAVEL AND ADVENTURE cannot be held responsible for the handling, delay or loss of luggage and other occurrences beyond our control.
- It is recommended you bring traveler’s checks, cash and credit card(s) on your trip.
- Bringing additional money for tipping mountain personnel including assistant guides, cooks, porters, donkey drivers, drivers and trip guides is advisable. We recommend each trip participant sets aside between $80 and $100.
- We request individuals traveling on their own who prefer a single room and tent notify us in advance so we can make the appropriate arrangements. You will receive information regarding the additional cost for this service.